MILLIONS OF VOICES ARE NEVER HEARD
FAMLI, Inc. is a nationally recognized 501(c) (3)
Founded in 1992 by cultural advocate and artist Torrence Brannon-Reese. FAMLI Inc.’s grass root efforts guide youth who live in areas known for gang violence, substance abuse, teenage pregnancy, low graduation rates and other life difficulties. Its unique mentoring and school based art programs follow a nine point curriculum which teaches youth to accept personal responsibility for their lives. Embedded in the curriculum are the development of life skills (ex: anger management), preparing for job interviews, civic engagement, cultural literacy, reinforcement of the California High School Students Subject Requirement ("A-G" Coursework) and much more.
Background and Mission Statement
FAMLI Inc., has an outstanding track record in the improvement of student academic performance and positive programmatic outcomes.
in two consecutive academic periods (2006-2007 and 2007-2008) demonstrated consistent grade point improvements of 67%.
And this academic period (2014-2015) demonstrated measurable success in the following areas:
1) 90% increase in attendance rate;
2) 90% increase in participation and engagement rate;
3) 50% of our students, experienced stronger family relationships;
4) 90% of the students, displayed an increased in "self-awareness" through regular attendance and participation;
5) 90% of our students, are now culturally literate;
6) 100% of the students now can articulate and appreciation the salient elements that comprise a documentary film;
7) Three of the students with known gang involvement, quit the lifestyle after immersing themselves in the "See a Man, Be a Man" programmatic activities and workshops; and lastly, 8) Substance abuse/usage has decreased by 80%, among the students in the "See A Man, Be A Man" program.
FAMLI Inc. has more than shown that it has the ability to effect positive and measurable change in the lives of the students they serve.